T-CUP Team Training
Learn to perform under pressure like the sporting greats
What is T-CUP?
T-CUP stands for Thinking Correctly Under Pressure
Remember when England won the Rugby World Cup in 2003? Having looked comfortable at half-time, questionable refereeing decisions allowed Australia back into the game forcing extra time at the end of 80 minutes. The teams were still tied as the clock ran down to the end of the additional period. But England had a plan and when the ball was given to Jonny Wilkinson in the last few seconds, he executed a perfect drop goal to win England’s first World Cup.
England did not win that World Cup by accident. It took years of preparation both as a team and for each individual. Wilkinson himself was obsessive about practising for hours and utilising visualisation techniques that would help him become the best fly-half of his era.
Sir Clive Woodward was responsible for guiding that team to World Cup success. And it is Sir Clive Woodward who used T-CUP to ensure his team were ready to win under extreme pressure.
Using the 6 step T-CUP model, Your Excellency and Sir Clive Woodward have co-created this training programme designed specifically for you and your business, to ensure your team will put the skills and techniques instantly usable skills and training into practice.
What happens on a T-Cup training day?
Prior to the training day we will have a ‘diagnostic session’ with you and your team. This allows us to understand how your team is performing, what is working well, what needs improvement and what exceptional looks like.
With this information we will create a T-CUP day especially for you, designed to meet your exact objectives.
On the day your team will be inspired by:
- Video stories from sporting legends and leaders sharing their T-CUP secrets to help you relate your experiences most effectively
- Videos from Sir Clive Woodward himself explaining the origins of T-CUP and how you can apply it in your business
- Practical exercises that will help your team use T-CUP in typical scenarios, building their understanding and engagement as they deal with challenges relevant to them
Thinking Correctly Under Pressure will be embedded within your team. We include a half-day follow-up session to support your progress, discuss barriers to success and agree new objectives.
Why does T-CUP training work?
What will T-CUP training do for you and your team?
The key to T-CUP training is by taking a fun, structured and completely bespoke approach, we get great results. We’ve explained why the training works. Here are some of the outcomes you will gain from the training:
- More confidence within your team to deal with pressure situations
- Greater team resilience and flexibility
- Shared leadership when managing change
- Increased performance against personal and business objectives as people use the 6 step process to execute consistently
- A more agile approach, able to deal with unforeseen circumstances in a calm and effective way
- Improved business results, leading to revenue and profit growth
Ultimately T-CUP will elevate performance for anyone who puts it into practice. Your team, after training, will have the ability to deliver exceptional performance and truly thrive under pressure.