Welcome to the sixth, and final, in this Series covering Emotional Intelligence (EI).
We’ve now covered 4 of the 5 domains that make up Emotional Intelligence – namely Self Awareness, Self Regulation, Motivation and Empathy.
In this issue, we’ll cover Social Skills, the ability to create and maintain connections with others.
You can develop your prowess in this domain by:
1. Appreciating that the optimum communication taps into the 3Vs – namely Verbal, Vocal and Visual communication. Read the archive blog post on this subject here.
2. Communicating assertively and fostering respect. Read the archive blog post on this subject here.
3. Developing your listening skills. Listen with your whole body then mirror and match the 3Vs. Repeat back phrases and words the other person has used to keep the conversation “clean”. Read the archive blog post on this subject here.
4. Tailoring your communication to the language preference of others. Read the archive blog post on this subject here.
5. Finding out what’s important to those you are connected with. What are their values? What’s important in their world? Read the archive blog post here to learn more about values.
6. Sealing your message with a KISS!